Members of the Soompi Forums community must follow the following forum rules:
1. NO PROFANITY
All forms of swearing are forbidden. Although we have a swear filter, please do not expect the filter to circumvent your swear words.
2. NO DISRUPTIVE OR DISCRIMINATORY CONTENT
Rudeness, hateful messages, member bashing, and trolling are forbidden.
3. NO OFFENSIVE CONTENT
Sexually explicit content, as well as content that endorses illegal activity, is forbidden.
4. NO ADVERTISEMENTS, SPAMMING, OR SOLICITATION
Advertising of another website, product, and/or service, or solicitation of donations, whether by creating a new topic or sending PMs to members, is strictly prohibited. You may link your favorite website and/or personal website in your signature as long as the font size and color are kept to the default settings. If you wish to negotiate a paid advertisement contract/campaign with Soompi.com, please contact email@example.com.
5. NO DIRECT LINKING OR SHARING OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS
You may post a general link to other resources/websites, but direct linking or sharing of any copyrighted material on Soompi.com is strictly prohibited. If you are in doubt about the content of your post/topic, please contact a moderator and/or administrator to inquire.
6. NO DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS
Creating multiple accounts will result in automatic ban of the additional account(s) and potential ban of the main account.
7. OBEY THE SIGNATURE RULES
Maximum of 4 lines of text
* Each line must be short enough that it doesn't wrap
* Font size for lines cannot exceed 16px.
* Empty line still counts as a line
* Maximum of 6 lines of text for FOS and staff
Maximum of 1 banner or 2 images
* Must be on the same line
* Maximum dimensions for each banner = 600 pixels (width) x 150 pixels (height) with maximum file size = 1,024 KB / 1 MB
* Maximum dimensions for each image = 300 pixels (width) x 150 pixels (height) with maximum file size = 512 KB
* Maximum of 3 banners / images for FOS and staff, which can be spread out on two lines
8. IF YOU CHOOSE TO WRITE IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE, PROVIDE ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS
9. NO TOPIC SPAMMING IN MULTIPLE FORUMS
If you have a topic to post, keep it in one forum.
10. DO NOT CIRCUMVENT MINIMUM POST LENGTH OF 20 CHARACTERS
This is to ensure that the content that does get posted is worth members' time to read.
11. DO NOT ABUSE THE REPORT BUTTON
The feature is intended to catch spammers, people harassing other members, and other rule violations. Do not use this feature if you disagree with someone (who hasn't violated any rule). The report button is not for you to use to resolve your personal disputes. Those who consistently abuse the report button could face infractions such as suspension of their posting privileges.
12. DO NOT ABUSE REACTION GIFS
Reaction gifs are allowed in all forums as long they do not violate the rules above. Please hide your reaction gifs including content related gifs in spoiler tags if you have more than 3. This facilitates the transition between pages and enhances the user experience for those who have limited data caps.
13. READ AND FOLLOW FORUM SPECIFIC RULES
Some forums and sub-forums have additional set of rules, provided as pinned threads in their respective forums.
- K-Dramas & Movies
- K-Entertainment General Discussion
- Sitcom, Variety & Reality Shows
- Actors & Actresses
- Shippers' Paradise
- Global Entertainment
- Members 411
- The Real World (20+ ONLY)
- Selling & Trading
- Global Celebrities
- Love & Relationships
Reporting the failure to follow these guidelines
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in account suspension or other action. To report someone for failing to follow the guidelines, please report them to the forum moderator.